A group is a collection of a set of users. A group would consist of the following attributes:
- Name - Can only be alphanumeric. Can contain spaces. Should be unique at company level
- Description - Defines the purpose of the group.
- Creator - ID of group creator
- Admins - List of group admins. There can be multiple admins. Admins have the right to modify group settings and add or remove members
- Group Banner Image - An image that can be set as the group header
- Group icon - an image that will be used as a group icon
- Group tag - alphanumeric tag to be used to tag the group in any messages
- Group members - List of group members
- Membership Restriction - Open (anyone can join without admin approval), Closed (joining a group requires admin approval), Auto (group is automatically created based on rules - users cannot be added manually), Secret (FUTURE: group is not visible to anyone can users can only be invited)
Users on the Xoxoday platform can create groups. Groups consist of a subset of users from the organisation. The subset of users can be user defined or automatic. E.g. all platform users will become a part of the company group by default. Users cannot be removed from the company group. Any new user added to the system will automatically become a part of the company group.
A user can create a group by specifying the basic attributes viz. Group name, group restrictions (open / closed), group images.
All users of the Xoxoday platform will be able to see group details irrespective of whether it is an open or a closed group
The creator and admins of a group can change group details - i.e. Name, restrictions, Images, Members.
Edit : Allows you to update the details provided by you during the creation of the group
Manage : Allows you to manage the members of the group. Click here to know more
Only the group creator can delete a group. Group admins will not be allowed to delete a group. In case a group creator is no longer a user of the system - the super admin can delete the group.
Here you can
- Make members as admin / remove them from group
- Update Admin as members / remove them from group
- View and Approve/Decline join request by the employees
- View and cancel the invites sent to join the group